Sunday, November 20, 2005

Renzi says his opponent should beg to debate him

Renzi says his opponent should beg to debate him
Cyndy ColePolitical Roundup11/20/2005
U.S. Rep. Rick Renzi, R-Ariz., likes Gila Valley best and won't debate Democrat challenger Jack Jackson Jr., a former state representative from Window Rock, anywhere but in Gila Valley, he told people at a Nov. 11 fundraising dinner.
"I am going to make Jack Jackson, Jr., beg me for a debate," the Eastern Arizona Courier quoted Renzi as saying. "When he does, I will only agree to a debate if it is held here in Gila Valley at EAC (Eastern Arizona College.) If he doesn't agree to come, I won't debate him."
Renzi received an award from the Safford Mine and toured the area with Department of Agriculture official Mark Rey.
"I have openly said, more than once, that the Gila Valley is my favorite part of this district," said Renzi, who owns a house in Flagstaff.
Read the rest of the story...

No comments:

Post a Comment