Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Oh, So You're Not a Beader?






It was a warm night on September 12, 1995. I was hanging out with one of my friends at this rock club I NEVER went to. For some reason on that night I was drawn there. At midnight I knew why. In walks this exotic looking, tall guy standing at least 6 feet tall. He had long wavy dark hair. It was love at first sight.

I started talking to this handsome guy and asked him what he did for a living. He said he made jewelry. I'm not sure how many of you know him but he doesn't "make jewelry". He creates art. Anyway I visualized some kind of simple beading they do down on 4th Avenue during the Street Fair. Now I'm not knocking beading because I have a friend, Dini that makes the most incredible bead art I've ever seen (check it here, http://www.beadazzledoforegon.com//).

Since we met two weeks before my birthday, Ron and I decided to go to this local club we both liked for some music and celebration (Back then I could really get my party on..lol). Anyway we got there and Ron pulls out this kleenex wrapped around something small. If you know Ron, you know he always wraps jewelry in kleenex (soft and no scratching). I couldn't believe it when I unwrapped the kleenex only to find the most beautiful piece of jewelry I had ever owned. Part of what made it so beautiful was the fact he made it for me but the other was it was shiny, colorful with the Turquoise, Sugilite and Coral and of course it was stunning.

I have worn this piece almost everyday for the last 14 years. I'll never part with it.
You'll see in the photos its a little dull. That's because I rarely take it off for a good polish.


No comments:

Post a Comment